Saturday 11 January 2014

Empties.

Hello there! Today, I come to you with an actual beauty post... Whaaaat? I know, I can't believe it either. Since I've got my DSLR (that I have named Cindy-Lou, if you were interested... You probably weren't), I have no excuse not to do a real beauty blogpost. So, for my first real post of 2014, I'm going to show you my empty products that I have hoarded over the past month. This might just be me but I love reading other people's empties blogposts so I thought I'd give it a go.

L'Oreal Studio: Matt&Messy
First on the list is my favourite salt spray that I have talked about quite a few times before. This has finally ran out after around 4 months. It probably lasted so long because, when there was only about a quarter of product left, I filled it up with water; it still worked well enough to give my hair a 'beachy wave' effect but the texture it gave after I diluted it wasn't as noticeable. This product works so well with my hair and I am definitely going to repurchase it for a third (possibly fourth) time.

Soap&Glory: Hand Food
Moisturising my hands is one thing I always forget to do. I don't actually know why this is but, when I got this hand cream in a Soap&Glory gift set at the beginning of December, I realised that I really shouldn't forget. Since using this, my hands are so much softer and people have actually been noticing! Not only is this a really great hand moisturiser, it also smells great. It smells just like Soap&Glory's Righteous Butter and that, just below the Sugar Crush scent, is one of my favourite Soap&Glory scents. I imagine most people have tried this but I've actually only just acknowledged Soap&Glory's existence. I've been so caught up in all-things-Lush that I haven't looked further. I will most definitely be trying out more products from this brand and will continue to buy this hand cream. (Did I say 'Soap&Glory' enough times in this paragraph? I don't think I did.)

Soap&Glory: Glad Hair Day
Staying on the subject of Soap&Glory, I've just finished this brilliant shampoo. I also got this in the gift set I bought myself (I bought myself a Christmas present, so what?) and it was delightful. I love the scent; it's quite fruity and sweet and it made my hair so shiny. I'm definitely going to buy the larger version of this.

Gorgeous by Gok: Body Polish
I'd had this for a while but only recently started using it again. It's part of Gok Wan's bath collection in Boots and I love everything about it. I use this in the shower to scrub my body and my skin feels lovely and soft when I get out. The scent of it never fails to make me happy; it smells almost like sherbet and it is heavenly. The packaging is also really pretty so I might wash it out and use it as a trinket box or something along those lines.
Simple, Kind To Eyes: Eye Make-Up Remover
This bottle isn't actually empty but there's no product left in it; I filled it up with water after I'd used it all because I find it easier to take my eyeliner off with a wet cotton pad before washing my face. This is how I'm making-do until I buy a new make-up remover. This product took my eyeliner and mascara off so easily and didn't irritate the sensitive skin around my eyes. Although, I think I am going to venture into other make-up remover brands as I think there is probably a better one out there.

Rimmel: Scandal Eyes, Retro Glam
I was so sad when this mascara ran out at the very beginning of this week. It is possibly the best high street mascara I have ever used. It gives my eyelashes just the right amount of volume and length and makes my eyes look so pretty. It was such a surprise because this is also the cheapest mascara I've bought in a long time; I'm pretty sure it was only £6.

Collection- Lasting Perfection Concealer
You can tell I've finished this product because, as it does every time I buy it, everything has scratched off the front of it. I'm sure you've already seen many beauty bloggers talk about how great this concealer is so I won't go into detail. I am literally trying to scrape the edges of the tube to get some product out of it. I've been too lazy and tired to go to Boots and buy a new one so I'm trying to make-do. It is a permanent fixture in my make-up bag and will continue to be for eternity (or until something better comes along).

That's all for my empties! Hope you enjoyed looking at all of my empty bottles, tubes and tubs currently littering my room.

Ciao For Now
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment