Friday 3 January 2014

A New Year.

Happy New Year!


Yet another year has gone by in a blur and I am feeling more motivated than I usually do at the beginning of a new year. I'm not entirely sure why this is but it may have something to do with me being more aware of the fact that 2013 was an extremely average year. I was discussing this with Shay (with whom I spent New Years Eve with) and, yes, I had some good times but there's nothing I can think of that specifically reminds me of 2013, making me feel like it was a successful year. I had absolutely no issue counting down to 2014 and accepting it with open arms. Although I may not be 100% prepared for this year, I am ready to accept the challenges it brings and even make some challenges myself to conquer. 

This being said, here are my New Years Resolutions...
1- Blog more. 
I've had this blog for around 4 months now and I'm determined to really get it going and start doing real beauty posts. I'm not sure where I want to go with this blog but I'm hoping that 2014 is the year that I find out. I'm going to buy a DSLR camera this week so I can finally take photos that don't need extreme editing. The main reason I've not done any actual beauty posts is because I don't have anything to take a good, satisfying quality picture with; this takes me smoothly into my next resolution...

2- Know my DSLR inside-out.
Once I get my camera, I'm going to take the time to learn about all of it's features so I can really make the most of it. I've been given some books on photography and DSLRs for Christmas so I shall be having a read through those and, hopefully, this time next year, I'll be much more confident in taking photos.

3- Be Healthy.
This is my last resolution. When I say I'm going to 'be healthy', I don't mean that I'm going to calorie-count, eat nothing but salad and ban myself from anything sugary and fun; that would be extremely unrealistic and I would never be able to do that.  Whenever I say that I want to be healthier, people always jump to the conclusion that I'm going to start dieting or starving myself but this is not what I mean. I love food way too much to do this. What I mean is that I'm going to be more strict with how much unhealthy food I eat and stop eating out of boredom. I'm also going to try and walk to places more often instead of being lazy and taking the bus. Little things like this can make a big difference if I keep it up throughout the year; I'm determined to feel healthier.

That's all for my resolutions now. These may only sound small and there are actually a lot of things I want to do this year but I've kept it realistic and stuck with 3 main things. Let's hope that, this time next year, I can do a similar post to this one and be able so say that I have stuck to these goals.

I'll be back shortly probably with a real blogpost and DSLR-quality pictures. 

Ciao For Now
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment