Monday 23 December 2013

Get Ready With Me: Festive Edition

Yesterday, I went out for some food with my family and I decided to be festive. About half way through getting ready, it occurred to me that I haven't done a blogpost in a while, as I've been busy, so I decided to do a festive 'get ready with me'. This is usually a thing beauty vloggers do but who cares? Anyway, enjoy!

After several cups of tea and biscuits, I had a shower and used some of my new Soap and Glory products I bought a few days ago.

 Just before getting in the shower, I took off my eye make-up I had been wearing during the day so it didn't run down my face and leave ugly black stains; that is never a good look.

 After getting  out of the shower, I used the Soap and Glory body butter, 'The Righteous Butter', all over my body.

Whilst my hair was damp, I put some curling mousse in it and sprayed it with salt spray (it sounds weird to use two, I know, but I feel like they work well together when curling my hair).

 I then moisturised my face with Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturiser.

Next on the list was my make-up. Since I was going out with my family, I didn't over-do it on the make-up; I kept it quite simple.

I used my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply my foundation, Revlon Nearly Naked in the shade '120-Vanilla'. I love the way my Real Techniques brush applies my foundation; it blends it really well.

 I used a cheap, bronze eye shadow palette from Superdrug on my eyes: I used a light gold (the bottom colour on the palette in the picture above) in the corner of my eye, a rose gold colour (at the top) all over the lid and and then blended the dark brown in my crease (left). All of these colours were shimmery so I thought it made the look extra festive. I then put some white eyeliner from Elf on my waterline, did a little cat eye using my Seventeen liquid eyeliner and used Rimmel Scandal Eyes- Retro Glam Mascara on my eyelashes. I don't have a close-up picture because the ones I took were utter garbage.

Next was my Collection concealer that I can not live without. I put this under my eyes and on any blemishes. I set this, and the foundation I applied earlier, using Rimmel Stay Matte powder so it would stay in place much longer.

I bronzed my face and neck using Bourjouis bronzer and used a Sleek blush in 'Rose Gold' to give a lovely 'rosy cheeks' effect. This blush has a slight shimmer to it so it also highlights my cheekbones.

To add the tiniest bit of colour to my lips, I used a Palmers lip balm underneath and applied a tiny swipe of Barry M lipstick, in the middle of my top and bottom lip and blended it out using my finger.


I curled my hair using a Babyliss curling wand and sprayed some more salt spray before brushing it out slightly. For extra volume, I flip my head upside down, shake my hair about with my hands and flip it back up. This isn't a long-lasting fix but it's perfect for when you're having pictures taken and your hair's flat.


You can't see my outfit very well on these pictures but they're the only ones I got (I'm hopeless!). Here's a list of what I'm wearing and where I got it from, if you're interested:
  • Jumper- H&M
  • Skirt- New Look
  • Necklace- Etsy
  • Boots- New Look
  • Socks- Primark
I hope you liked this post; I know I haven't posted much. This is due to lots of exams and illness. This could possibly be the last post before Christmas; if so, have a lovely Christmas!

Ciao For Now
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment