Saturday 19 October 2013

Boots Haul

This post is a few days late because I'm a lazy, procrastinating, hopeless case. I've had it written up for days but I completely forgot about it because of my baking excitement. Anyway, I've remembered it now!

The other day, I went to boots and bought some things so I thought I'd show you what I got-


Firstly, I bought this concealer. I've purchased this a few times now but I just have to renew it whenever it runs out; I really love this concealer. I think I'm going to look into purchasing some other concealers soon to see if I'm missing anything; I've had a look around but only at reviews. Until then, I think I'm going to stick with this because it's just so great! I highly recommend it for getting rid of dark, under-eye circles.

I was recommended this Maybelline eyebrow pencil  by my friend, Rae . I've only very recently started filling in my brows so I'm looking around for a perfect brow product. I couldn't find my exact shade, this is slightly lighter than I would have liked, as there wasn't a variety of shades to choose from (the next shade down was way too dark). I tested it out when I got home though and it seemed to look okay.

I went to the Rimmel aisle next to renew my amazing Stay Matte setting powder (seriously, this stuff works wonders on my oily skin). I saw that Rimmel had added a foundation to their Stay Matte collection so I thought I'd give it a try. Since I love the powder so much, I have high expectations of this foundation. I've never really ventured into foundation products before (I'm aways scared it will make me look caked in make up) but its got to the point, on bad skin days, when I use way too much concealer; I decided to give in to my cakey-face worries and just buy a foundation for these days. I'm hoping that the next product I bought will help to make it look evenly spread and blended...

Ah, yes, my ultimate buy of the day- a Real Techniques brush. I've been drooling over these brushes every time I spot them in Boots but I've had to drag myself away and stick to my list. I finally decided to put this stippling brush on my list and purchased it. I've heard so many good things about these brushes, I'm excited.


The last aisle I went to was the Barry M aisle. I was browsing through the nail varnishes for an Autumn shade and saw that they have a new matte collection. When I spotted this burgundy one, of course I had to buy it. I also had a glance at the lipsticks, reminding myself that I've been wanting a berry red lipstick for autumn. I've never really looked at the Barry M lipsticks before but I'm glad I did! When I saw this colour, I didn't think twice about purchasing it. I've been wanting a lipstick in this shade for a while now and I think it will look great with neutral eye make up.

So, they're the things I bought from Boots. I hope you've liked this. I love seeing what other people buy and talking about my own purchases; I think I'll do more posts like this!

Ciao for now
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment