Tuesday 24 September 2013

Kick Ass 2



The other week, I finally sat myself down with a lovely cup of tea (that I gulped down within the first ten minutes) and watched Kick Ass 2. Since I enjoyed the first one so much, I just had to write a blog post reviewing the sequel. If you haven't seen the first one and you're planning on doing so, I advise you don't read this; there may be some major spoilers. I'll try not to give too much away about KA2 though, incase you haven't managed to watch it yet.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. The mix of action and comedy throughout the film blend very well together, creating a really great comedy-action movie. The graphics were as good as the first one, if not better, and the stunts looked incredible.

The plot of the sequel itself didn't go quite the way I expected (and wanted) it to go. I'm not saying the plot was bad, I still enjoyed it, it's just that I'm very fussy when it comes to film endings and I was just slightly disappointed with it. Whilst watching it, I had a scenario in my head of how it was going to end but I was wrong. At some point, as you've probably heard already, Union J feature in the film and, quite frankly, I just don't get it. It literally has nothing to do with any of the plot. They just appear for a few minutes and then that's it. They're never mentioned again after that. Fair enough, if you're a fan of Union J, you might like it but they're not my favourite.

Aaron Johnson doesn't fail to impress with his attractive, moustache-ridden, ways in this sequel. He literally doesn't look any different in this movie than he did in the first Kick Ass (but I'm not complaining). That curly hair and those beautiful eyes, what's not to love?

 ChloĆ« Moretz, on the other hand, looks so much older. She really has been blessed by the puberty fairy during the two-year gap between the first and second Kick Ass- lucky girl. I really love the way ChloĆ« plays Mindy/Hit Girl, I couldn't imagine anyone else playing her.

Jim Carrey also stars in Kick Ass 2. I didn't even realise it was him at first which is surprising; he has such a distinctive voice. As he does in every movie he's ever been in, he played his character perfectly. Yet another amazing casting choice made there. It's quite a strange casting choice aswell, I don't think this is the typical type of movie that Mr. Carrey usually stars in yet he fits in so well.

I felt so many different emotions throughout this film, one scene could make you laugh and then the next scene might have you on the brink of tears (or full-on sobbing...). Considering this, the movie is, overall, so hilarious and quotable. Comedic, quotable movies are the best kind (unless you consider Mean Girls to come under this category; other than a few famous lines, that film is a pile of utter garbage, sorry, not sorry).

Think I'm done reviewing/rambling now...

Ciao for now
x

No comments:

Post a Comment