Thursday 19 September 2013

Skincare

Let me begin this post by apologising for the awful quality of the photos. I'm currently saving for a DSLR camera for this blog and for taking pictures in general, the quality of the camera on my iPhone just isn't satisfying but it will have to do. I will probably have enough money to buy one around December/January which is a very long way away but DSLRs are not cheap. I’ll try my best with my phone camera for the time being which I do really apologise for. There are worse phone cameras I suppose but the iPhone camera is still not very good quality. I could just get all of my photos from the internet until I have a good enough camera but I don’t want to. Taking pictures of my own purchased products, for me, is like evidence to prove that I do own it and to show I'm not just copy and pasting someone else’s review and getting a picture from Google, it’s easily done. I've tried my best to work with what I have so please bear with me. Sorry for rambling, let’s get onto the actual blog post now…


Skincare is very important for me as I have awful skin. I used to never take much interest in my skincare routine, I just couldn't be bothered, until I realised that my skin is really important and needs to be properly looked after. I have really oily skin and quite a lot of blackheads but the products I use do help this, luckily.

 Clean&Clear Exfoliating Wash
Gosh this stuff is good.  Like I've already mentioned, I have very oily skin meaning I have to look out for oil-free face washes so this is ideal for my skin type. I'm on my second or third bottle (could you class this as a bottle? I'm not sure...); it's just so great at keeping my spots at bay. I love this face wash because it's so gentle on the skin; the micro-beads used in it to exfoliate the skin don't make you feel as though you're scrubbing your face with gravel like some exfoliators do. I use this twice a day (when I wake up and before I go to sleep) and I very rarely get extremely noticeable spots with it. Obviously, I get the occasional huge spot but I think every teenager does.The only disadvantage I can think of with this is that the scent of it isn't the most appealing. It doesn't smell bad, it just smells very slightly like men's aftershave but I'm willing to look past this.

Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturiser
Another Clean&Clear product that doesn't fail to impress. Since I started using this, I can really feel the difference. It's such a great face moisturiser, it leaves my skin super-soft. I'm not too sure if it is the product to blame for keeping my spots away but it's good to know that it's helping to prevent them. This is also oil-free; I can't use moisturisers on my face that aren't oil-free because I would just break out all over my face (it has happened before). 

T-Zone Nose Pore Strips
Without these little beauties, my nose would just be one huge blackhead. I may hardly get spots but, to make up for my lack of spots, I have so many blackheads. I use these strips once or twice a month and the impact it's made on my nose is unbelievable. I'm really starting to see my blackheads clearing off and my pores mimimizing. Six strips doesn't seem like a lot but when you only use them once or twice a month they really do last. Plus, they're dirt cheap from Superdrug!

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
I know I already use a face wash but I like to use this St Ives one (oil-free like my other face wash) twice a week to deeply cleanse my pores and clear away dead skin cells (ew gross). This is a very heavy-duty scrub and I don't think it would work as well if I used it every day. I do really enjoy using this though. It leaves my skin feeling so fresh and revived plus it smells amazing. It has a really fresh, fruity scent, I love it.

Nivea Hand Moisturiser
Even though the rest of these products are face products, I just had to put this in. You can use this moisturiser for your body and face but I prefer to just use it for my hands, that's why I use the 75ml bottle. I've never been one to have soft hands but this moisturiser definitely helps. I use it every morning and I love it. Although, I wouldn't recommend this for your face, I used it on my face and it made me quite fiercely and abruptly break out in spots. This is when I realised that I need to use an oil-free moisturiser; if there's one thing my skin isn't short of, it's oil.

So these are the skincare products that I use on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. I hope you liked it. I apologise once again for the bad photo quality, they will get better once I get this camera, definitely. That's all for today.

Ciao for now
x

No comments:

Post a Comment